How We Can Help
Rackheath Electrical provides EICRs for domestic and commercial customers alike. Prior to purchasing a property, it’s highly recommended to obtain an electrical test to gain peace of mind with regards to the electrical installation, or identify problems that are expensive to remedy prior to exchange of Contract.
It is not always possible to identify issues by way of use, or for problems to be detected by older protective devices. Without the reassurance of regular EICRs, you may be at risk from electric shock or electrical fires. We can provide an EICR to find identify any potential problems and offer cost effective solutions to correct them.
What’s included in an EICR
A Brief Overview
- Visual inspection (identify all damaged equipment inside and out)
- Continuity of protective conductors (measuring resistance and confirming earth to all areas of the installation)
- Continuity of ring final conductors (to confirm ring final circuits are complete)
- Insulation resistance (this test confirms separation of line conductors and earthing conductors)
- Polarity (this test is to confirm the live is live the neutral is neutral and earth is earth to confirm safety of the circuit)
- Earth fault loop impedance (this test measures the total impedance of the circuit all the way back to your local substation and is crucial to confirm protective devices will disconnect within the correct disconnection time)
- RCD testing (to confirm RCDs will disconnect in time to provide the life saving protection)
The electrical safety standards in private rented sector regulations 2020 came into effect in June 2020. As a result all private rented properties must have an EICR carried out every 5 years by competent or qualified persons.
The Local Authority can impose fines of up to £30,000 if the new regulations are disregarded.